I read many books on my Kobo Aura, and I write my own annotations or highlight interesting takeaways. Exporting them manually to my laptop is a pain. Luckily, there is a way that we can export it to a text file.
- Plug in the Kobo eReader.
- Open the file Kobo eReader.conf in a text editing program. Its located in the .kobo/Kobo folder on the KoboReader drive.
- Add the following code to the file at the bottom
- Save the file. Make sure the extension is .conf and not .txt.
- Safely eject your Kobo e-reader from the computer.
Now, when you long-press, a book menu will have an extra option, "Export highlights".
Using this will prompt you for a file name and export the annotations to a file(with the specified name) in the device's root directory.